Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Featured Artist Interview: Frode Nyboe


S.G.Renee: When did you first want pursue art as a hobby or career? 

Frode Nyboe: Since I was a little boy I always enjoyed drawing and doodling. But the interest for painting really kicked in approx five years ago. It was a beautiful coincident that made me try painting acrylics, and I quickly discovered how much I enjoyed it - so I had to keep going with it

S.G.Renee: What are your techniques and style and how do they relate to the medium? 

Frode Nyboe: I only use Acrylics as my medium. I love the way it dries quickly, and how one can change the direction of a painting. I've tried different techniques in the search of finding "my" way, and now I mainly use sponges to create my expression. That way I can cover a lot of canvas fast while creating "criss-cross" patterns to create the end product that I`m looking for.

S.G.Renee: How are your inspirations and influences reflected in your work? 

Frode Nyboe:  My main inspiration is the beauty of the nature. I try to make that reflect in my works by adding a "dash" of bubbles or making the main motive sparkling. It`s hard to explain - it`s just a feeling I try to add to my paintings. The feeling of positivity.

S.G.Renee: Why did you choose to represent your art this way? 

Frode Nyboe:  I think it`s a good way to share my art with others that have the same interest. Of course sharing art is not the most important thing for me, but I really value other art lovers` opinion - and it`s also a great inspiration for me to see other artists work.

S.G.Renee: Do you have future plans or projects for your work? 

Frode Nyboe: My future plan is to keep on painting. Lately there`s been quite few commission paintings, and at the moment I just enjoy the fact that people take interest in my art. 

S.G.Renee:  What career do you wish to pursue? 

Frode Nyboe:  Full-time-painter!


Deviant Art
Website 


No comments:

Post a Comment